Solar news 11 Jan 2011: home energy costs rise again. Solar value improves.
Solar panel users now have improved financial savings following widespread prices rises for gas and electricity. The BBC reported the following increases today:
- Scottish Power: gas up 2%; electricity up 8.9%
- Scottish and Southern Energy: gas up 9.4%
- British Gas: gas and electricity up 7%
- EDF Energy: no change before March 2011
- Npower: gas and electricity up 5.1%
- E.On: gas up 3% and electricity up 9% from 4 February.
“Behind every cloud is a solar lining”, commented Barry Johnston MD of solar Twin Ltd, suppliers of solar electric and solar heating systems in UK and Ireland.
The Oil price also rose at lunch time on 11 January 2011, briefly spiking at $97 according to the BBC oil prices page.
Choose Solar Twin Ltd for:
- Instant solar prices (fixed price solar quotes, not estimates) by phone using aerial photographs
- MCS accredited installers, so a professional installation service
- MCS accredited solar PV (solar electric photovoltaic) panels for solar electricity under the Feed in Tariff (FIT) solar subsidy scheme.
- Solar Keymark Accredited Award Winning Freeze Tolerant Zero Carbon Solar Water Heating Panels for the forthcoming Renewable Heat Incentive (RHI) solar scheme.
Choose the experts. We have been in the solar business for 12 years.
Solar Twin Ltd are Renewable Energy Association & Micropower Council & REAL Code members.